FREE DELIVERY (5 pm ~ 7 am)
2500 W. 8th St. #103, Los Angeles, CA 90057
Open Hours: 11am ~ 9pm (Mon- Sun)
* If you mention “KTOWNLOVE” when you placing an order, you will get a free soft drink.
(케이타운러브 를 보시고 오더하신다고 하면 음료수를 무료로 받습니다.)
When I started yelp, I did it with the intentions of finding restaurants like you Olympic Cheonggukjang. Places that arent mainstream enough that everyone knows about.Places that are small but sustain themselves with DANGOLs (repeat loyal customers).
This restaurant is very small, and located a pretty unfrequented building. However, their tiny hole in the wall restaurant is kept tidy and clean. Their food is very clean in two ways. The veggies and banchans are delicious and clean (fresh). Their main dishes taste fresh and clean (no msg). Its as if its cooked with nothing but the love of your mother.
Even their kimchis were excellent. I’ve never been so satisfied by just kimchis in my life. Now I know what my mother means when she tells me she could eat just plain rice and great kimchi everyday for the rest of her life. (minus the need for super deodorent from all the garlic and spices that will eventually eminate from your pits)
I had their sullung tang and it was rich, creamy, and thick. Just the way I like it. $8-ish after tax is well priced. I will definitely try everything on their menu. I hear they deliver too.
One thing I noticed is that people ordered their food over the phone before they got there. Maybe they take a tad longer than average making their food… probably because they are busy squeezing more love from the love cow teet in the back.
I dont know if I could ever get sick of El Taurino.
My favorite is the al pastor tostada with red sauce. And of course some horchata to soothe the fire in my mouth hehe. Their green sauce is really good too!
I also love their carne asada tortas and nachos.. mmmmmm…
I think they’re open till 2am.. maybe 3am? I can never remember… but it always gets PACKED around 1am from people coming back from clubbing.
I think El Taurino is one of the MUST TAKE.. when friends are visiting from out-of-state
This place is awesome! There are various different activities to occupy all age groups: hiking trails, the Travel Town Museum, and the Observatory. And best of all these are free!
Certainly there are activities for which you can pay (like the zoo), but why would you? Unless you have a feisty little one that needs to see the animals then you should pay.
There’s also always parking available (although the spot may be a bit of a walk from your destination), and it’s free. I would recommend avoiding here on major holidays though (like July 4th) because it gets extremely crowded.
Built in 1929, Chapman Plaza AKA Chapman Park Market is a major shopping and dining structure on 6th Street, between S Alexandria Ave and S Kenmore Ave (yelp.com/biz_photos/chap…). It’s considered one of the main attractions in the Wilshire District of Koreatown. At the time of it’s inception, it was a new concept where Hollywood movie stars could go for one stop shopping of fresh produce, meat, and dry goods. If my memory serves me correct, this location had the world’s first drive-thru grocery store/market, as it served the wealthy families of the Fremont Place, Windsor Square, and Hancock Park neighborhoods of LA who drove to get their groceries. An entire central courtyard was set aside for automobile parking.
Fast forward 85 years later and the outdoor complex is still busy as ever for the many Angelinos that live nearby. The historic building caters mostly to the Korean population, but I can attest that people of all cultures flock there these days for it’s delicious dining and trendy nightlife. The building was restored in 1989 to include second story offices, while still having one of the finest examples of Spanish Revival architecture in LA. Originally, the building was built for Charles Chapman (known as the Orange King of CA) and his Chapman brothers who were major land owners. Ever hear of Chapman University? YUP, it’s one in the same.
* Kang Hodong Baekjeong (yelp.com/biz_photos/kang…). Their second location in OC is set to open in Buena Park at the Village Circle on Beach.
* Toe Bang (yelp.com/biz_photos/toe-…). The only location in K-town that you can find a Water Wheel.
* The Gogi (yelp.com/biz/the-gogi-lo…). Only been here a couple times, but it seems to be the AYCE alternative for those who are impatient to wait for Kang Hodong Baekjeong.
* Cafe Bliss (yelp.com/biz/cafe-bliss-…). Tailored for those who don’t favor Gaam, some of the foot traffic hits here, with karaoke rooms and a full bar present on the second floor.
* Gaam Restaurant and Lounge (yelp.com/biz/gaam-restau…). Still, one of the hottest places for the mid 20′s hipsters and FOB’s in K-town. Music is bumping, with an outdoor patio on the top floor.
* K Pop Karaoke (yelp.com/biz/k-pop-karao…). The main noraebang within the complex, with a top notch system and above average service. It’s a good place to drown that buzz before making the drive back home.
* Antique Cafe (yelp.com/biz/antique-caf…). I remember this place being a better cafe in the past, but even the hookah and desserts can’t stop this place from being rated so poorly.
* Lighthouse Waffles & Cake (yelp.com/biz/lighthouse-…). Never been here since they took over Cake Salon Bosco a while back. For some odd reason, the coffee shops seem to tank at this plaza.
* Sake House by Hikari (yelp.com/biz/sake-house-…). Once, Kyoto Sushi, recently Bistro Sakana, and now Sake House by Hikari. Let’s hope this Japanese infused sushi bar can stay open longer than it’s predecessors.
I would really consider valet parking when it’s busy and to press your luck with the meter parking around the block, if you can find a premier spot. Regardless, of it’s issues, I’m always going to have very fond memories of Chapman Plaza. I had some great times when former businesses such as Intercrew Cafe and Bohemian Restaurant still held their ground, but now with a new generation of party goers hitting the scene, I imagine it’ll be popular and busy as ever.
1130 S. Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006
(City of L.A. 3-1-1)
Mothers Against Drunk Drivers MADD
Narcotic Drug Abuse
U2 ayce korean BBQ (olympic & gramercy) – 춘천집